Situated on the banks of the Boro River in the heart of County Wexford Wilton Castle is surrounded by open parkland and quiet wooded countryside. A part of the local landscape since 1247 when the first fortified tower was built on the land Wilton Castle has a long tradition of hospitality. The grounds were open to the public in the 1800s which prompted one observer in 1852 to write that not only are strangers permitted to walk over the grounds but even their horses are cared for . br / br / br / br / Although visitors now come to Wilton Castle by car.This beautiful castle with its soaring chimney stacks and turreted towers once again opens its doors. Wilton Castle has been lovingly restored from ruin by its present owner and can now be enjoyed as a private self hire venue ideal for holidays weddings and those special occasions.